Thinking innovatively: Transforming waste to resources
Transforming waste to resources
More than Garbage Collection and Disposal Management
When you see Emterra trucks collecting recyclables or picking up garbage from businesses or residents, you might think you’re looking simply at another waste management company. But you would be wrong. Emterra Environmental is a resource management company:
- Emterra collects trash and recycling – from your home, from your company, from government buildings and from the facilities you use. We do this on time, we are dependable and courteous, and we offer competitive prices for our services.
- We recycle materials so they can go on to a new life. With Emterra, accepted materials that are set out for recycling become new resources for products and packaging.
- At every stage of the process that begins with collection and ends with marketing recovered resources, we seek to transform recyclable materials into new resources while limiting the environmental impact of our operations.
- Emterra meets and develops new waste management best practices as indicated in a 2011 Solid Waste and Recycling magazine article (October/November ed.). Entitled “Single Stream Recycling – Best Practices improve quality output, reduce residue and costs”, the article describes Emterra’s innovations that have helped establish best practices in single stream recycling.
- Our top priority is to serve our customers. As part of this we produce quality recycled commodities for end market producers. The products that emerge from diverted waste provide a reliable and plentiful supply of recovered source materials.
- We seek out cost-effective ways to assist municipal and commercial customers to plan and achieve new Zero Waste goals. With our customers, we keep waste in the recovery loop and out of landfill.
- We work with our customers - businesses, organizations, municipalities and homeowners – to transform them from generators of “trash” to proud Zero Waste achievers.
Emterra Environmental operates 12 recycling facilities in North America, each of which is known for cost-effective sorting and processing of materials with consistently high value materials for secondary resource markets. We are the perfect choice to provide recyclables collection, processing and marketing services, as well as yard waste, and solid waste collection and disposal services to municipalities and businesses.
Emterra will always strive to offer the most effective range of customized services to meet your needs and reduce your environmental impact. Whether you are a resident seeking reliable and cost-effective waste and recycling collection, a municipality looking to achieve waste diversion targets to reduce landfill use or a business in the industrial, commercial or institutional sector looking to improve your sustainability and reduce your waste management costs, we can develop the solution for you.
Ask us how we can customize your Zero Waste program.